In the book The Artist's way, Julia Cameron asks the readers to do the task of writing down what constitutes an Ideal Ideal day in their lives, without any restrictions, whatever the heart desires, ideal environment, relationships, job, etc.
Hubby and I went on a day long trip to Divar Island last Sunday. I was happy; I was satiated; I was proud of myself; I was replete with joy!!! It struck me that it was the ideal ideal day for me. first time ever everything happened exactly how I would have liked and desired!
Thank you Julia, I know now experimentally what you mean by ideal ideal day. I no longer have to imagine or plan for it.
Divar is an Island in the Mondovi river near old Goa. In fact the tops of the old Goa churches can be seen from Divar. It has a quaint old world charm. It felt as if time stood still. If Goa is laid back, Divar is tranquil and leisurely. There is well populated, with proper residential buildings, beautiful churches, temples, school, and civic buildings...There is no Road to Divar island, only ferries. We got in at the old Goa ferry point. Two and four wheelers along with pedestrians travel by ferry. It was a novel experience for me. takes about 5 - 7 min to cross the river. It being september and monsoons still active, the river was flowing to the capacity and it was fun going on the ferry.
2. One has to wait patiently until the ride starts...
3. Excited anticipation reaching the island on other side of the river.
4. During high tide, water gushing through the sluice. Along with water, fish are also getting swept away with the force of the water, perhaps.
As we kept going, we saw fishermen with their lines in the back waters of Mondovi, patiently waiting for their lunch / dinner, to bite?5. What lovely views of the surroundings! It was green everywhere; and water everywhere, exactly how I like...
7. The beautiful Church of Our Lady of compassion was a landmark. It was closed by the time we reached. The interiors are for another trip.
8. St. Mathias Church was another great monument constructed in 16th century.
9. Our Lady of Candelaria Chapel is an interesting edifice. It has a semi circular dome and window opening through which sunlight lights up the interior.
11. There is aboard indicating Saptakoteswara temple site. We did not find a temple, but what we found was -
12. Some of the residential buildings bear the style of traditional Goan Architecture; sloped roofs, verandahs, porches etc.13. The island was green, a soothing sight for the sore eyes!
14. Different birds and butterflies everywhere. Not to miss the amazing sounds of the birds. I spotted a huge kingfisher bird.15. There was also Aqua farms, farming prawns I was told. It being a Sunday, we did not see much activity.
If you a nature enthusiast, lover of birds, love to stay by the water, dig old monuments, Divar Island is for you. It is beautiful through out the year but more so in monsoons. We spent a whole day jsut driving around, or gazing into the distance, photographing and sketching, basically whatever we felt like.
Spent a leisurely Sunday on a tranquil island with a perfect partner, Can you ask for more? Not me, I am content to just be..