Saturday, October 24, 2015

Sling Bag




I noticed that when I wanted to go the neighbourhood supermarket or just visiting the next door neighbour, I would be carrying house keys, mobile phone, some money, spects etc. Taking a hand bag along is too much bother for short distances and I did not need it really. So what is the solution?
I hit upon the idea of a sling bag, small in size and light weight too.
Rummaged through my stash of left over fabrics and material, I found the right stuff.
It is dense furnishing fabric material and closely woven and synthetic and cotton mix, so sturdy and easy to wash; and some contrasting curtain material for the pouch in front and the button flap.
This is what came out by the time I got done with it.


Dimensions of the sling bag are:

Length – 7”
Height – 8”
Front pouch – 5” x 4”
Strap length – 55”
Strap width – 1”
These are finished measurements. Must add ½” for stitching and 1” for strap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bertradaburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany

We made a trip to Eifel, in the middle of April, 2021, in western region of Germany. It was a day trip and a pleasant drive to the Bertradab...